Monday, December 24, 2012

Remember that Time you Wet your Pants?

Um, yeah, but I try to forget it since it's pretty embarrassing. It's something my parents bring up every time we decorate the Christmas tree each year.

Decorating the tree is a big family tradition- when we were little we'd pick a Saturday night, bake slice and bake cookies, make a fire, crank up the Christmas tunes and go to town on the tree.



My parents have decided that decorating the tree signifies that Christmas can begin, so we don't decorate now until every child is home. This year that meant decorating the tree on the 23rd, but if I ever came home and found it decorated I'm sure I'd be crestfallen.

Each year my Dad gives us a brand new ornament to hang-- he's even started sending them to our respective apartments now that we're older-- and they always signify something about the past year or something that reminds him of each one of us.

We hear stories about the older ornaments-- "I got this in third grade for perfect attendance!" or "your grandparents brought this back from Mexcio!" and all take a turn getting on the ladder to hang the ornaments we can't quite reach.

The finished product? Gorgeous.



Wetting my pants? Oh yeah...apparently when the twin and I were three we thought it was the most wonderful thing ever. While we were napping my parents strung the lights on our Christmas tree that year, and when we came downstairs they turned off the lights so we could see how pretty it was.

They won't say who kicked it off (I'm betting on Allie, couldn't have been me) but one of us got so giddy at seeing the tree that we wet our pants. And when you have twins, things happen in double.

Don't worry- no accidents this year!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS