Thursday, December 27, 2012

War of the Leashes

If you couldn't tell by now, my parents have two pups that I absolutely adore. PJ is a slightly neurotic English setter and Hunter is our "walk up beagle" as my Dad would say- meaning he just sort of walked up to our house a few years ago and just kind of stuck around.

When I'm home, one of my favorite things to do is go on long walks with the puppies. It's usually something the girls do together so we can gossip and catch up, but lately Hunter has proven to be quite the pain when trying to go on a jaunt.

On Christmas day Hunter lasted about a mile before he sat in the middle of the road and refused to go any further. No amount of cajoling would get him to budge, so we ended up trading turns carrying him (22 solid pounds!) back home.

So this morning when I woke up wanting to take a walk I decided to not take Hunter. This would not do, and he cried and cried until I finally leashed him up as well, telling my sister I'd call her when he inevitably refused to continue.

Guess how far he made it? Two steps from home.

This is where things got pretty humorous-- as I was walking back toward the house to put Hunter back up, PJ decided to sit down. He didn't want to give up his walk!


What a mess!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS