Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let the training begin!

It's officially 10 weeks out until the Brisbane Twilight Half Marathon- time to get training!

The plan I picked is 10 weeks long, so this will be my third week doing week one of training. That's fine, as the first week I totally didn't make it 6 miles on the weekend and this past week I was settling back into life on the other side of the world and cut the weekday runs a bit short. Third time's a charm?

I did manage to get all 6 miles done on Sunday though, and surprised myself at the "speed" at which I finished.




Shiny new toy that I took out for the first time! I may have been flying because I purposely spent about 20 minutes figuring out a flat route to run in Sydney. Yep, I'm lazy and I hate running on even the smallest incline.

Check it out- I promise you if you come to Sydney and run this you'll be treated to 98% flat, 1% downhill and a baby 1% uphill. And yep, this is walking to the start point (my apartment is at the bottom of a hill) and finishing riiiight before a giant hill. And then walked another mile home to avoid the hills. Ain't no shame!



I just found out that one of my roomies is super fast-- by that I mean she ran a 1:46 on the HILLY Sydney half marathon course last year. She wants to go running on Sunday. I'm scared. But hopefully this new training plan and running with faster people will give me that shiny new PR?

Here's hoping!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS