Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vent

No, not for the AC. That doesn't exist in my apartment (WTF Sydney, it's hotter than SC here...get with the program!). I just need to vent.

I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a predicament- because I moved across the country I (surprise!) don't have a lot of great friends here in Sydney, so I don't feel like I've got an outlet to vent my frustrations to. Tell me if I'm stupid or not, but somehow I think I'd scare all of them off if I launched into my current frustrations. I certainly would run off if a new friend did that-- too much work!

And on the flip side all of my great friends in the US are 16 hours behind me...meaning when I get off work and want to let something off my chest they're all sleeping. Which means I stew on things and ultimately the boy gets the brunt of whatever is giving me grief.

So I guess there's no better way to get it out than to just tell the 3 people that read this. Please, don't think I'm crazy. I know all of this is #first worldproblems. I've got a lot to be grateful for, which I am, but we've all got those days where things boil over. Or at least humor me and tell me that you do.

-I had a crappy run today. It sucked. I got up at 5:30, walked to the gym, and proceeded to struggle through 2.5 K (just about 1.5 miles). I was supposed to get through a warm up and a 5k tempo run. I beat myself up if I don't do the workout I'm supposed to do, so I walked to the gym closer to work and attempted again. And failed again. And struggled/beat myself up for another 4 k (around 2.5 miles). Still short on the 9k I was supposed to do, and no tempo work at all.

-I sweat all day long. All damn day long. I wake up sweaty. I walk 40 minutes to work sweaty. I sweat at work. And I sweat on the way home. All I want is some AC and I'd be a much happier person.

-I hate rule breakers. I think this is getting into my "I hate work right now" venting bucket, but yeah, I like rules. And I hate people who break them and get a special exception. It's happened a lot recently at work and I just don't understand. What do you want me to do, go ahead and lay down so you have an easier time walking all over me?

-I don't like that I don't feel like I have support at work. This may sound whiny, or contradictory, but while I like to work independently I like to know someone's got my back and is going to steer me away from a bad decision.

-My clothes don't fit anymore. Yeah, I think it's because I'm stressed and a tad lonely and overall debating whether I made the right decision by moving back to Sydney, but yeah, still sucks. And is annoying. And not something I can talk with people about.

Like I said, all of this is minor stuff in the grand scheme of things. But it would be really nice to be able to talk to someone about it than to just let it sit on my chest. Or to put it up on the internet for everyone to see.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS