Sunday, January 13, 2013

Strippers at Dinner

On Saturday I experienced two of my firsts in Sydney: something free, and a stripper. Both at dinner. Try and trump that combination, please.

We'll get to the stripper bit but finding something for free in Sydney really is more monumental than some sort of "fireman" dancing around.

My roommate was kind enough to invite me to a friend's birthday dinner at Cafe Pacifico, a cute little Mexican place in Darlinghurst. The interior reminded me of a Mexican place back home- LOUD, lots of colors and tons of tequila everywhere. I told my roommate I didn't like tequila before we went, and she said that was better kept a secret while we were there.
Uh oh, I'm in trouble
Thank goodness I was able to order a Sangria and stay under the radar with the tequila loving crew that was there!

Anywho, this is the first place in Sydney that I've been to that gives you something for free. Other "mexican" places in the area don't give you delicious chips and salsa, but Cafe Pacifico gives you a bowl when you sit down. Score! I tried to share with the rest of the table, but I hoovered these things pretty hard. Sadly, once you were through there wasn't even the option to get another basket

Yummy in my tummy
Cafe Pacifico is a great option for large groups- for any group over 6 people they require that you do a set menu. I don't know of any other place that requires this, but it's pretty genius. It's a flat amount per person so no haggling over split bills, and it doesn't waste time everyone trying to go through the menu. I thought $45 a person for a few appetizers and faijitas was a LITTLE steep, but I guess this is Sydney? Here's a close up of the fajita bar-- again, genius. I wonder how many of these they go through in a night?


If you've been holding your breath for my other first of the evening, you're in luck. As I said, this was a first for me. I honestly thought there was a fire emergency at first but as soon as the music came on I knew I was in for a giggle. Having recently seen Magic Mike, though, I was a bit disappointed in the "dancing" moves. Also super creeped out at the lack of body hair. Good news is that I don't feel the slightest inclination to have to see one of these guys again-- score on not having to pay to see the stripper!


If you can't see much, sorry for not standing in the front and being short.

I was able to hold off the tequila crowd for most of the night, but eventually succumbed to a shot. Check it out:

Impressive, right? And yeah, that's pre drinking it- 1/4 shot all for me! I still think I almost puked on this guy- I will leave the tequila to crazy people and stick with other things!

Seriously though, I dare you to top my Saturday night "free-dom" fest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS