Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Best Brownies Ever....seriously

I'm not even joking about these being the best brownies ever. They have three types of chocolate in them, they're easy to make, and they are highly addictive. Please make some and eat them for me, ok?



I know, I'm really good at food photography. See the chunks of white chocolate???

I attempted as best I could to convert all of the measurements as well, as this was my first time using an "Australian" recipe using grams instead of cups. The good news is that if you end up adding more chocolate, they won't turn out poorly- just richer!

Triple Chocolate Brownies

(from Taste.com.au, but I couldn't find the original link)

125 grams butter just over 1/2 cup
150 grams Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate (a BIG chocolate bar is about 200 grams, so I just used about 3/4 of it)
50 grams dark chocolate (using the same logic above, I used about a 1/4 of a big bar)
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon plain flour
1/4 cup self rising flour
125 grams chopped Cadbury Dream White Chocolate (I used closer to 140 grams) (almost 3/4 big bar)
125 grams chopped milk chocolate (I used closer to 140 grams) (same as above)

1. Pre heat oven to 170 degrees C (340 F).

2. Melt butter, 150 g milk chocolate and 50 g dark chocolate in large saucepan. Allow to cool 10 minutes.

3. Combine flours in a small bowl, set aside.

4. Stir sugar and eggs into chocolate/butter mixture.

5. Add flours and chopped chocolate and stir until combined. You can chop the chocolate as fine as you want-- if you want super chunky brownies, don't chop it fine. If you don't want chunks, chop it fine. Whatever floats your boat.

6. Spread into greased (I used butter) square cake pan. I used what would be close to an 8 x 8 pan so these brownies were really thick. If you wanted thinner brownies, use a bigger pan.

7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Dig in!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS